Prayers to say when Smudging



Prayers to Say When Smudging


I receive so many questions asking me about what to sat when smudging that I decided to dedicate smudging prayers to their own article. These smudging affirmations can be the serenity prayer,  words from a religious book like psalms, Native American prayers, spiritual prayers or a special affirmation of intentions that you feel strongly about. Pick one that resonates with you and say this smudging prayer out loud. My only suggestion is that you replace any negative energy that is being removed with a positive one.


A few examples of smudging prayers:
  • "Dear Jesus, cleanse this house, allowing only love and light to remain."
  • "Father God, rid this place of all negativity, bringing in only positive vibrations."
Although not all spirits are negative, here's what to say to get rid of a ghost in your home.  
  • "I ask the angels to show this lost spirit the loving light of heaven and help them transition to the next place. With love and light I cleanse this space to help them on their way to the next place."
  • "Ancient elders, help me cleanse the home of the spirits of the past. Help guide them forward. Thank you for love and protection of this home."
  • "I call on the angels to cleanse this space. Remove the demons and protect my place with your loving grace."
You'll notice that I use the word love. Love energy has the highest vibration. Even invoking love can change the vibration of a location. 
I hope that these smudging prayers assist you. 
LeeZa Donatella
More details about full smudging ceremonies in Smudging for Beginners,
All my Books  available on Amazon 

Here are some links to items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher
Website

Smudging for Beginners on Amazon answers many questions like:

  • How do I smudge a person?
  • Why do we burn sage?
  • Can I reuse a smudgestick?
  • Why do we use Sage to smudge a home?
  • What kind of sage is used for smudging?
  • What is a smudging ceremony?
  • What is Palo Santo used for?
  • The Sage Plant and other plants used to smudge?
  • What does saging the House do?
  • What to say when smudging a house
  • Smudging a home with more than 1 floor
  • The best times for smudging
  • How do you cleanse your house, where to start and end?
  • How do you cleanse a house of spirits?
  • How do you get rid of negative energy?
  • What is the spiritual significance of smudging?
  • Prayers to say when smudging, what should I say when I smudge?
  • When is the best time season, month and best time of year to smudge
  • Which is better to use to cleanse a person, sage or Santo palo?
  • What do I do if I am living with a negative person?
  • How do you extinguish the smudge stick? (Putting out a smudgestick)
  • What type of sage do you use for smudging
  • Smudging and Religion
  • Burning sage in the Bible
  • Is burning sage bad?
  • Is burning sage witchcraft?
  • Burning sage and negative energy
  • Smudging and Asthma
  • Smudging around Children and Infants
  • Can smudging make things worse
  • Can smudging bring bad spirits
  • Does sage get rid of good spirits?
  • Does sage get rid of bacteria?
  • Smudging dogs, cats and people
rid your home of negative spirits, how to get rid of bad energy in a person, how to get rid of negative energy in your body, signs of negative energy in house, how to cleanse your home of negative energy with salt, how to remove negative energy from home with salt, how to detect negative energy in house

Update Sept 2020: Smudging is becoming very important during this time of chaos in the World. Don't forget to smudge your space, especially after watching the constant negative news!