How to Enjoy Your Travel Day


Whether you are traveling by air, bus or train, a sure fire way to enjoy that travel day is to be courteous and kind. Go out of your way to show the love within you with patience and gratefulness to the staff that is checking you in at the travel counter as well as the baggage, security and gate staff. Say thank you often and brighten their day with a smile and a kind word.


They have a difficult job everyday graciously dealing with irate travelers who take out their frustration on them, due to delays and cancelations. It’s not often that they are shown kindness and appreciation for the long hours they work. Having travelled often in my prior corporate life, I have seen fellow passenger’s bad behavior and give credit to the superior customer service skills of travel staff as they calmly show empathy, apologizing for incidents that are beyond their control.   

Go above and beyond and help a fellow traveler with their luggage or directions. I go out of my way when I see someone who is distressed by travel and have held a hand or two in my time during take-offs and landings when I am seated next to someone who is an anxious flyer.  You never know why people are flying and the angst they have, so be aware and help where you can.

Believe me when I tell you that the universe knows when you go out of your way and provides you with abundance. It could be a free upgrade, an unexpected empty seat next to you, a special mark on your boarding pass that allows you to jump to the front of the line, an early arrival to your destination, or a new friend that you meet while you are traveling. It could even provide you with all the above. How delicious would that be?

And let’s put the cherry on this sundae. Why do we have to wait until we are traveling to be courteous and kind? Why not show that same courteousness to the driver in front of us on the road, or in line at the market.

It provides me with such joy to be able to ease the stress of someone else’s day when I am in route to my destination or fulfilling my daily list of tasks. And I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when I can help put a smile on someone’s face. Perhaps if you try what I am suggesting, it may make your EVERY day more pleasant as well.

Wishing you a day filled with love and safe, pleasant travels,
LeeZa Donatella

Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
My Books Available on Amazon

Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher