Don't Feel Obligated to Do what you Don't Like


I know I have written about this in some shape or fashion before but feel that it's important to be blunt. I am originally from New York, after all. When I say that you should follow your passion and your joy, I really mean it. Today, if there is something that I am asked to do and I don't want to do it, I really don't do it. I walked away from a long term relationship where I was not happy as well as a very lucrative corporate position that provided me with no joy. And as I walked into the potential darkness of the unknown I knew one thing; that I would be shown the light. I smile as I write this knowing the joy I now experience; it's more wondrous than I could have ever imagined. 

Today, I am tactfully honest about not doing anything that I dislike, No longer do I go to functions that I know I won't enjoy, sit on the couch watching that football game to appease someone else or spend time with people with whom I have nothing in common just to be polite. As far as involving myself in drama, well, let's just say "No Way Jose."  It just proves to be a torture that I am no longer willing to endure. I can easily find more enjoyable alternatives, like trimming my toenails. 

Whoever said that life was sacrifice, didn't know what they were talking about.

So if you love spending time with your aunt Bessy but the thought of accepting an invitation to endure her homemade pot roast makes a small bit of bile move toward the back of your throat, instead ask her over your home or meet out for a special dinner to catch up. You'll surprise yourself how quickly your frown will be turned upside down as you do only what excites you and provides you with pleasure.

As I continually follow my passion I move a little bit closer toward enlightenment and am enjoying the deliciousness of life and the abundance that comes, What's not to love about that?

Sending you love and blessings this day and always, your personal eat pray love girl,
LeeZa Donatella
leezadonatella.com
eatpraylovegirl.com
info@leezadonatella.com

PS - I LOVE questions, so please keep them coming! I answer every one and depending on the topic, add them to a question and answer section at the bottom of each article. There are no stupid questions, just unasked ones. We are all here to help each other.  Open your heart and share your question. You just may be helping another by asking it. To shy to post a comment. That's okay. email me.