Where is Home?



I've always traveled more than most and some people never understood how I didn't mind not knowing which city I was waking up in. It was part of my corporate life for many years in the beginning of my career and honestly, I love the absence of boredom when one travels, exploring the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of new locations, even when one has to work. But there have been some sacrifices for this lifestyle, like relationships where one person is at home while the other travels can be difficult to maintain. Having or not having a family was certainly something that had to be considered. I did try to settle down for someone and work from one location. Even though we took several vacations a year, it was probably the most miserable 9 years of my life, feeling imprisoned as I sacrificed my own happiness to please someone else.

So I had to ask myself the question, where is home? Here's the answer that I came up with. 


There's something to the saying "Home is where your heart is." It’s the place where you feel safe and warm, comforted by your inner love. For me it might be in the middle of the Amazon jungle one month and lounging on the beaches of San Jose del Cabo the next as I search for opportunities to help others and interesting subjects for writing projects. I guess I'm fortunate. I get to experience a different home every couple of months. Yes, I miss family and friends but I never miss the place where I rest my head. For you it might be that wonderful cottage with the wrap around porch as you watch your partner light a fire and play board games with children.  

No matter where you find yourself, if you feel comfortable basked in the love within, then you ARE home!  

Wishing you a day filled with love blessings and a pleasant night's sleep,
LeeZa Donatella

Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
My Books Available on Amazon

Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher