A Spiritual Resort Near Napa

MOUNTAIN RANCH - CALISTOGA
I had the pleasure of staying at this spiritual resort and wanted to share my experience. First, I had no idea of the existence of this magical place before I drove down the winding road to its entrance off Petrified Forest Road in Calistoga.  Sometimes I let the universe take the wheel and guide me to the places where I provide a shift or receive one. At Mountain Ranch in Calistoga, I was the one who received the shift. I pulled into the resort after dark, exhausted after driving 16 hours from Sedona to Northern California.


I was pleased as I opened the door of my accommodations to find a warm and welcoming atmosphere. A separate intimate seating area surrounded by windows in the front of my cottage that housed a small stove, sink and refrigerator. My first call to order was to strip my travel clothing. I jumped in the shower to my delight as wonderful hot water rejuvenated and healed my sore muscles.  I was soothed by the color palette of the room that complimented the sage bedding and smiled when I saw the cherub bed shirt and accompanying extra blanket.  I enjoyed a cup of hibiscus tea sprawled on the couch in front of a blaze in the wood burning stove.  I felt warm, embraced by the love that the owners shared with their guests, evident by their hospitality and felt throughout my cottage.

I woke the next morning at sunrise, renewed.  Being from Sedona and a writer, I was looking for a peaceful inspirational environment to work on my latest book.  I surveyed the grounds and was amazed by blooms at this late fall date. Several yellow flowers along with a couple of purple, possible lavender varieties still in bloom in a variety of areas on the property. I walked around the immediate grounds spying a small collection of antique farm equipment retooled as planters and well established vines covering intimate and large group seating areas. It reminded me of the places I visited in the Catskills in my youth, with small cottages surrounding a main house, tennis courts, and pools. But this place as a spiritual twist if you look beyond your nose at the sayings and spiritual regalia. But there is so much more here. Mountain Ranch certainly provided me with more than I could have imagined, a gem tucked away on 300+ acres, with its own hot spring, trails and labyrinth. I was instantly transported to a place of peace and bliss and the inspiration flowed.

If you are looking for the typical 5 star homogenized pretentious fare, this may not be the place for you. If, however, you want to escape the two-by-two illusion that we live in to keep up with the Jones and step back to a time of peaceful walks of discovery on one of their many trails as you gaze upon the serene mountains, then I recommend that you take a look here. I am confident you will find the peace and spiritual uplift you are seeking. 

Happy millennium, Mountain Ranch!
Blessings and Love,
LeeZa Donatella
LeeZa Donatella

Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
My Books Available on Amazon

Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher