John of God - Series 1 - Wayne Dyer

Spirit asked me to write this blog which was confirmed by Gail Petersen a talented medium, whom I respect. Ok, so perhaps not the best subject for my first post but have to tell you how this Blog got its beginnings. Sunday April 8th, Easter Sunday at 3am Arizona time, my eyes opened and I am wide awake. I did not want to disturb my sleeping husband, so I slowly made my way to the couch and turned the TV on.

I have to admit that I have not watched the Oprah network “OWN” before, but for some strange reason flipped it on and watched the Wayne Dyer Maui interview. Wayne was talking about John of God, who I have met in Abadiânia, Brazil in 2003 so I got curious when Wayne mentioned it and watched the special and knew that there was something I needed to do.   
For those of you who have not heard about John of God, John is the main attraction in a healing center in the middle of nowhere Brazil with ancient healers and saints taking over his body and performing healings.
Thousands flock from all over the world to spend a couple of weeks praying or meditating and asking for healing or enrichment, whichever you are seeking in this healing center called the Casa for short in the small farm town called Abadiânia, Brazil. The Casa sits atop a very large crystal vortex and is sustained on donations and the meager dollars from the sale of passionflower herbs that the farms in the town grow and blessed/energized bottled drinking water.
In the interview Wayne mentioned that he did not himself go to John of God but was healed remotely through what I am assuming was a surrogate (stand in). It is too bad that Wayne did not himself experience this place. 
The process involves wearing white, going to the center on one of the few days a week where a session is offered. Hundreds of people meditating and praying fill rows of benches while others are presented to John of God. The” presentees” carry a slip of paper where they have written three things or wishes they want. John comes back with some “homework” which involves taking the passionflower herbs, drinking blessed water, mediation and the timing for them to come back for their “spiritual surgery.”  After the session, all are offered a bowl of nourishing vegetable soup.  
I know sounds out there, but I have to tell you, it was one of the most memorable times in my life for the moment to that next level of consciousness, You really do get exactly what you ask on that piece of paper you hand to John.
For those of you who are looking for spiritual enrichment and growth to possibilities, I would highly recommend a 2-3 week visit to this center. I was there for 4 weeks and volunteered in the soup kitchen. Although no healers are allowed to practice while in town, the place is full of them so if you are already spiritually enriched it is an incredible place to share ideas. It is a melting pot from all over the world. I met healers from Australia and other areas of the US.  
I will continue my discussions on John of God and share some of the incredible experiences I had at the Casa.


My Book about visiting John of God is now available on Amazon 


Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher