John of God - Series 5 - Surgery

For those who have already read the previous blog posts in the series about John of God - Series, today's post is a continuation of the series based on my personal experience as a visitor to the Casa, specifically the “surgery” I received.


So as I mentioned in my last post, I sat in the current rooms for a few sessions prior to my “surgery.” Notice that I am using quotes around the word surgery, because I personally was not physically cut into but want to explain the three types of surgery that are performed at the Casa to which I am aware.

Physical Surgery: John does perform physical surgeries at the Casa. Technically it is the spirit that enters John’s body that performs these surgeries.  The person who will get the surgery is somehow put into a trance like state. John can use a scalpel to scrape the eyes make a small incision somewhere on the body. I have even head of a small instrument being inserted up the nose, and there are probably more that I am not aware of.  And the incision point may have nothing to do with the origin of the ailment.

Virtual Surgery: These types of surgery are performed in a room with several people scheduled for surgery hat session. With eyes closed the patient either points to the place in their body where the ailment resides or puts their hand on their heart asking the spirits of the Casa to perform an overall healing on them.


Remote Surgery: Like Wayne Dyer for people who either cannot travel to the Casa or cannot fit the visit into their schedules, a person can stand in for them as a surrogate for surgery. The actual patient would be asked to take the passionflower herbs and drink the blessed water as part of the preparation for the surgery and on the day of the surgery, the surrogate would physically be at the Casa in their place.



I had until that session to decide if I would be going for a physical or virtual surgery. I am not a big fan of the knife, but others that I met in town had the physical surgery and they said it did not hurt.  I have to admit that I did find this a little hard to believe since they use no anesthesia, but I also spoke with folks from back home in Arizona and they said the same thing.
That afternoon the main hall seemed more crowded than normal and I found myself pacing a little. Yes I was excited about this “surgery” but still on the fence about which surgery I would get. We were asked to line up and with a raise of the hand I opted for the virtual surgery that day. I know that spirit helped me make the decision that was best for me.  Besides, if I were perfect I would be God and not need this job.  We were ushered through the current room to a room off to the side. The room was a light color and was filled with rows of benches like the other rooms. We were instructed to sit as instructions were provided in different languages.  We could put our hand on the area that was bothering us If we wanted to focus on the area,  or put our hand on our heart to let the spirits know that  we wanted them to provide us with multiple healings. We were told that the spirits can heal up to 9 areas during this session. John entered the room, we were asked to close our eyes and a prayer was read in Portuguese. As I sat there with my eyes closed I could feel the energy swirl around my body as if something was surveying me. Being brought up in the Star Trek years, my analogy is that it felt Sci-Fi like. The first place I felt something was in my ankles. It felt like I was being tickled and massaged and was thinking to myself, why my ankles? Then I remembered that several years earlier when I was living in Washington, DC, I was diagnosed with bursitis in both ankles and was treated. Ah, I thought, they found something to tune. Several other areas of my body received a treatment and I felt my Third Eye and Crown chakras being manipulated.  I did ask to raise my vibration and consciousness so that nade sense to me.
I remained in silence and wonder during the encounter, but others in the room had different reactions. I could hear a woman moaning, and at least one other weeping.
It was all over in a few minutes and we were instructed to go right back to our pousada and rest for the remainder of the day. When I left the room I felt pretty good, but as I walked back to the Pousada Luz Divina I started to feel fatigued and went straight to bed, awaking the next morning refreshed. Interesting I thought!
My next post will discuss the divine fragrance, with a future post around the miracles of the waterfall and other healings I witnessed.


My Book about visiting John of God is now available on Amazon 


Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher