Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

Sometimes you have to Close Your Eyes to see the Light



This statement is typically used metaphorically; close your eyes and see the light, which means that when you look without your eyes, the answer comes to you.  It's a true statement that we get answers when we take time to reflect. Today, though, I'm referring to literally closing your eyes and seeing light.


For decades when I close my eyes in the evening to go to sleep, in about 5 minutes in the total darkness with eyes closed, I would begin to see what I can only describe as golden light, sunshine brighter than the sun. 'What the heck is this,'I kept thinking? 'Am I dreaming about sunshine?  

I guessed not since this was happening to me five nights out of seven.  I asked my mother and she would just tell me to concentrate on a black piece of paper to go to sleep. Later in life, I would ask my partners. “Do you see sunshine when you close your eyes?” They all just shot me a look as if I was crazy or say something like "No, that's not normal."  I would just shrug my shoulders not finding the answers I was seeking on the topic as I went my merry way and dismissed it as the beginning of dreaming.  

At other times I would catch myself, saying “way cool” as I would start to see it when in a state of calm and bliss with heightened senses. I finally after all this time got a glimpse of the answer to what I was experiencing. It was one day in early December 2012 and I was attending a Christ Consciousness class where the minister explained that when we see bright glowing light in meditation, we are seeing Archangel Michael’s burning sword guarding the gates of Eden and if you enter those gates you in front of God. Guarded by Archangel Michael? Well that's certainly one way to look at it and no offense Archangel Michael, but I think you have better things to do then guard Eden from the likes of me. 
When I heard this definition, however, at least I knew that I was no longer alone in what I was experiencing. I had finally found someone else who was experiencing the same thing and getting closer to a definition that perhaps I could wrap my head around.

Since then, I have spent countless hours in silence to come to this conclusion. What I have come to understand is that when we see light when we close our eyes in total darkness that the light is our connection to the Divine, our higher divine self, our Source, God. Call it what you like,I do not judge; it doesn't change the meaning.

When we get more attuned in the physical body and our vibration and consciousness increases, we connect to what some call our higher Divine self, God, Spirit. I know that when I am connected I feel that connection through the skin and senses in my body. why not see it as well.
I'm sharing this with you today in the off chance that you too are seeing sustained bright golden light when you close your eyes in total darkness. If you are, then know that you're not alone and it's perhaps the beginning of your awakening to the doorway to your connection to the source, God which is pure unconditional love within you connecting to that loving force that's all around us.
Wishing you a day filled with Love,

LeeZa Donatella
leezadonatella.com


Beyond the Veil of Illusion – The Awakening 

(Available in Paperback and all eBook formats 


8 comments:

  1. I see it, too. :) I know it's Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed!.. Have a blessed day.. LeeZa Donatella

      Delete
  2. Leeza for years i have been seeing these lights. But know one could give me and answer.but i knew it was the Lord. Not only do i see lights i see colors. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that this post provided you some answers. Our Zgod connectin, higher divine self is pure and all Love. Blessings to you my friend... LeeZa

      Delete
  3. Hello Leeza,

    funny :-) I have just landed on your page...as I am enquiring this phenomen ;-) It happens to me from time to time...it feels like looking into space which is dark...and there is also arising kind of different forms at times and then this source of light like coming from behind, the side of the eyes. It is not appearing in front of me. It is just beautiful. Probably it is the source of self.

    Blessings, Liane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Liane, that you are on the right track. Although I see something similar to a bright summers day, like sunrise overtaking a meadow, there are many ways to the same endpoint and I am not one to say that if you do not experience something in the exact same way that it is wrong. We are all different flowers, each beautiful on our own, blossoming and displaying our beauty to the world. Blessings...... LeeZa

      Delete
  4. After thinking for years that the golden light I see is my guardian angel visiting and sometime to impart a message. A very long time ago, it saved my very life. I heard the message loud and clear. I got up and got moving to change the events of which she warned me. I was just curious if others have experienced the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith for your question. I think that we have different ways of connecting and getting messages and am thankful for your input. I am sure that it will resonate with other readers.

      Delete