How to Create a Good Outcome from a Potentially Bad Situation


We are born with unconditional love that's evident as it sparkles in our eyes. And as we grow we experience the wonder of the world. Then we get close to experiencing something that can hurt us, like running toward the street and it happens, we're spanked. We are too young to realize that we may get hit by a car, but nonetheless it's at that moment that we're taught that an incredible experience like runnng free is associated with pain and punishment.  It is every experience that shapes us into the person we are and those few experiences that were meant to protect us also instill a disproportionate amount of fear in us that we carry with us throughout our lives. 

I decided years back to analyze and process these long ago unpleasant experiences and decided to treat them differently. Now I look upon all experiences as gifts no matter what.

When one does this they move into that uncharted territory, a state of being or vibration that I call "Being Love."  When you love every situation and person unconditionally and are grateful for the interaction, that's when the true magic happens.

A perfect example has to do with a last minute trip I took to attend a class in Des Moines. I used one of those booking sites and landed a budget hotel under $100 that also had a shuttle service. My first clue that something was amiss was when I arrived at the airport close to midnight, called the hotel for their shuttle and was told that the service ceased as of the prior week. My gut was tingling when I entered the hotel lobby at 1AM to find people at the front desk complaining that the air conditioning in their rooms was not working. When I finally got to my room and discovered that the Internet was also not operational, I scratched my head and shrugged my shoulders as I professed out loud, "I guess this is not where I am supposed to stay, but I'm sure that there is something even more wonderful waiting for me."  
The above is one of the key phrases I use when I'm faced with an unpleasant situation instead of reacting with frustration, anger or any other negative lower emotion.  I viewed the experience as a gift, keeping my vibration in that "Being Love" state. I went downstairs and graciously told the front desk that I was going to seek other accommodations, having only compassion for the clerk as I gave him the news. He was very apologetic and gave me a few suggestions as he handed me the house phone. I called over to one of the more expensive hotels in the area that I had passed up because their rate was over $220 per night. I was upbeat as I explained my situation in the nicest way possible and asked if they could accommodate me.

So, what happened?

The new hotel came and got me in their shuttle as I walked out of the current hotel free of any charges. I was provided with a better room for under $100 per night (less than 50% of their advertised rate) and upon check-in the clerk went into the back returning with 2 chilled bottles of water, apologizing to me for my inconvenience. To make my stay there even more scrumptious, he waived the Internet fees and put me on the concierge level which had bigger more posh rooms. As I plopped myself on that luxurious bed, I smiled, knowing how amazing things can happen when you stay in the "Being Love" state. 

I'm not sure if life is a test of how we react to situations to move forward, or just that sometimes things just happen. 

What I do know that we create what we believe and when we truly know in our heart that every unpleasant occurrence has a great outcome, then the magic happens as we create better situations, more amazing then we can imagine. And in my experience, the more we believe it, the more instantaneous they appear.

Wishing you a delicious day,
LeeZa Donatella
PS - Visit my site to find out more about me.

Sites:  www.leezadonatella,com
           Travel Awakenings

            Eat Pray Stay - Abadiania
YouTube Channel