Regret Nothing. Each Experience is a Gift


I was responding to a reader last night who posted a question to one of my articles. In it she explained: "I've been through a lot of bad stuff in my life and have done selfish bad things in return that I truly regret. The regret puts a huge weight on me, the depression everything affects me greatly everyday and affects people dear to me."

In answering her I knew that I was writing today's article. 


First of all, I have to tell you that I no longer have any regrets in life, because I know that every experience is a gift, even the ones that are not pleasant. And our reaction to those situations is an indicator about areas where we still need to work on ourselves. And when our reaction to an unpleasant situation is that we expect something good to come of it all and keep a positive outlook, that's when we break the cycle of unpleasantness.  


Let me give you a example of not having regret and knowing that something positive would eventually come:  I was in a relationship with someone who took me for the ride of my life, and I don’t mean that in a good way. I tried several times to unsuccessfully end the relationship, and when it finally did end, the repercussions from this unsavory character were horrendous. After it was over I was mentally beaten; at the bottom with no direction. I slept a lot that first couple of weeks, in a funk.   

I finally brushed myself off knowing that something good would come.... it had to. That's all I knew as I walked outside one evening, threw my hands up in the air, telling the proverbial them,  "I give up and need your help."  I softly cried my last tears of self pity as I fell asleep in an old hammock outside the place where I was staying at that time. 

The next morning I awoke with more inner peace than I had felt in a long while. I was motivated, but for what? I had no idea. I sat down at my PC and finished a poem I had started the day prior, but that was not enough. Then I wrote a new article for my blog, Spiritual Spew, then another and finally started writing my vision of the perfect spiritual connection in the form of a novel. In 8 days I had over 80,000 words and the draft of my first book, Beyond the Veil of Illusion – The Awakening.  

Do I regret going out with that loser?  While I was going through it honestly I did not believe that I would survive; it was one of the worst times in my life and he helped me get to the point where I had no where to look, but up Although his behavior was atrocious, I have long forgiven and released him and the situation as one of my biggest life lessons. In hindsight, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me because it helped me release an old belief and took my life in a new and wonderful direction.   

So regrets..... na 
It's those experiences that we find most unpleasant that become our greatest opportunities for growth.
NO Regrets Regret Nothing. Each Experience is a Gift
Have a beautiful rest of your day,
LeeZa Donatella
            Eat Pray Stay - Abadiania
YouTube Channel

Need assistance?
Contact Us at info@leezadonatella.com to receive information and schedule a counseling session to help you move forward.