A Seasonal Kindness


As the 2014 holiday is just a couple of days away, the airports are crowded with last minute travelers all dashing to their final destination where loving hugs and warm hearts await their arrival.

So often I speak about giving to those less fortunate, or making the day of a stranger by holding the door, telling service staff how much their efforts are appreciated or giving up your seat on the bus for a stranger. It is these random acts of kindness all year round that define us as loving individuals. This holiday season why not give up your airline seat to someone trying to get home to their family for the holidays.

I was in Sky Harbor airport over the weekend. An announcement came over the intercom that the flight was possibly overbooked. I spied the family who stood patiently by waiting to see if they would all be flying together this day.  I was surprised even with the travel voucher offer that no one was biting.  It didn't take much for me to offer to give up my seat, sparking a few others to do the same.   Just the thought of them enjoying the journey would have been reward enough, but a travel voucher as well, that would be the cherry on the sundae.

After all had boarded I went up to the gate agent to find that they didn't need my seat after all. But that did not deter me from that delicious feeling from my act of kindness.

This season, go out of your way to make someone’s holiday.

Wishing you smiles and a hot cocoa,

LeeZa Donatella

           Eat Pray Stay Abadiania