Pray for Those Who Persecute You


Pray for those who persecute you [Matthew 5:44] and love the people who hate you. Wow, this is difficult but don’t let their fabrications and harassment get to you. If you do then they win by sucking you into their drama, perpetuating the pain and harm that they have inflicted upon you. Have only compassion as you pray for them.  You may be saying, 'LeeZa, Compassion?.But this guy or gal spread lies about me all over town, threatened harm to my person and property, stole from me, hit me and more? How can I have compassion for them? You can't have had it as bad as I have.' 

Well, my dears, when you live in light and start becoming famous, strange people come out of the darkness trying to bring you down, so yes, living in Sedona, AZ, I have had my share of dealings with bottom feeders. Whatever the incident is, it’s in the past and that’s where it should stay. The past could be yesterday, last month or last year. You’ve moved forward and it doesn’t matter if they haven’t and have nothing better to do then relive their abuse to you, feeding on it like a vulture consuming a carcass.  So yes, pray to whomever you higher power is that they get peace and move forward as well.

Now I’m not saying that you should allow them to control you in anyway, chase you away, oh no, definitely not. You should certainly stick up for yourself, but take a moment and think about what a unhappy person they must be and the continual misery in their minds that they live with each day. If you look at it from that angle, I have compassion for them.

You should too. Remember that we are all trees in the wind of experience. Some are breezes, some are gusts, and some are storms, making us sway right or left. Those that do not break us, make us stronger.


Wishing you a day filled with compassion, 
LeeZa Donatella
Striving to Help people move forward


PS - I LOVE questions, so please keep them coming! info@leezadonatella.com I answer every one and depending on the topic, add them to a question and answer section at the bottom of each article. There are no stupid questions, just unasked ones. We are all here to help each other.  Open your heart and share your question. You just may be helping another by asking it. To shy to post a comment. That's okay. email me.