Mercury Retrograde 2014 and 2015



For those of you who are uninitiated, 3 times a year the planet Mercury appears to move backward in the sky. It’s an illusion, of course, and occurs because of Mercury and Earth's relationship to each other at a particular point in their orbits as well as each of their relative speeds. Why should you care? Well, it seems that this retrograde motion has an effect on some aspects of our world.

Mercury is the ruler of all types of communications, transportation and commerce. It also rules electronics like your computer and one of our pride possessions, our cell phones, for example.

During these approximate 21 day retrograde periods electronics as well as communications seem to go amuck. 

The Do's and Don'ts

  • Don't sign or engage in binding contracts
  • Don't expect to be on time when traveling or don't travel at all
  • Don't buy electronic equipment or a new car 
  • Don't make drastic changes and avoid going under the knife.  
  • Don't get married or start anything new that you want to last during this period. No grand openings or project implementations, new jobs, etc.
  • Do take your time when creating something as you Re-view your Re-working, Re-reading it several times before handing it in. Yes, this also applies to homework.
  • Do take care speaking, since words may fall out of your mouth differently then you intended.
  • Do take this time to Re-Flect about your life, your career and what will make you happy.
  • Do take this time to re-Visit old friends.
  • Do take this time to Re-charge your batteries and Re-lax

For some, these periods can be very difficult, especially for those who have no idea what's happening. That's why I am writing about it for all of you today and am listing the Mercury Retrograde dates for 2014 and 2015:

Mercury Retrograde 2014
  • February 6– February 28
  • June 7 – July 2
  • October 4 – October 25


Mercury Retrograde 2015
  • January 21 - February 11
  • May 18 - June 11
  • September 17 - October 9


Not a believer?  Just pay attention to the dates shown and take note of what you experience during these periods and perhaps you'll jump over to the other side of the fence on this one.

Me, well, I know that when my computer starts acting up or I'm faced with many delays as I await answers, I take a look at the calendar to see if we're in a retrograde period. I also never begin a new project or job or start a new relationship or make a big financial decision during these times since they never work out. 

It's not all doom and gloom though, the bright side to this aspect is that during these periods I have learned to go with the flow and spend time in introspection, reviewing old patterns for release. It's all how you look at it and this time frame also allows me to practice better patience and not to react when things go haywire, because the only thing we have control over is our reaction. 

Hopefully you're having an uneventful retrograde. As for me, I am shrugging my shoulders and saying "Oh well, it is a Mercury Retrograde,"   if I receive the blue screen of death or need to refresh my PC and reload every program since I purchased it. I take it in stride.


How to Protect Yourself Against Negativity During Mercury Retrograde
There are several protection tools you can use against negative energy, negative people, and well anything that is less than positive that happens during a Mercury Retrograde. I know people are worried about traveling or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Below are a few examples:
  • One is to imagine being surrounded in a protection bubble. 
  • You can imagine a purple flame providing protection.
  • You can carry a talisman or black obsidian
  • You can anoint yourself with a special oil blend
Actually, I have a little tool in my own arsenal I have used for years for protection. For those that I have lived with over the years, yes, this is one of the reasons I wore that oil fragrance. 

In my practice, I use my blended oil of Rose, Frankincense, Myrrh and Sandalwood to anoint people for clearing, as well as anoint myself and all my clients before a session. Several years back I was asked if it was for sale. The woman wanted to use it when they went to the in-laws, stating that after our last session they had dinner over there and something was different. She felt protected from her mother-in-laws negativity. I had to laugh, but she was very serious about getting her hands on what I was mixing. I thought about it and it made sense, so I started to offer it for people seeking protection, strength and purity when dealing with negative situations and people in their lives.  Here's why:

  • Rose is associated with unconditional love and purity, the Divine Fragrance of the Mother energy or the Virgin Mary.
  • Frankincense and Myrrh,  2 of the Gifts of the Magi (Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh) were delivered to the infant upon his birth with Frankincense aiding in strength and protection.
  • Myrrh helps raise the level of vibration and consciousness of the one anointed.
  • Sandalwood is a sacred tree that grows in south India. It has a lot of spiritual significance and is used to clear a place/ person of negativity. It's also associated with the Divine Fragrance of Jesus and with Christ Consciousness or transcendence.

So, unconditional love, purity, strength, protection, increased vibration and consciousness and clearing of negativity adds a powerful punch, like a shield. I infuse unconditional love and protection into the oil, so my energy is also there helping the user with the clearing, cleansing and protection.  It became a popular item, so now as an introduction to my full clearing product line, I am offering it to the general public. With this oil includes a detailed instructional sheet on how and when to administer.


Shipping currently only available in the US. This will change shortly after full product line launch. 
Brought to you be Higher Roads Productions © 2015.

Wishing you a blessed day filled with working PC's, cell phones and no traffic,

LeeZa Donatella
Sites:  www.leezadonatella,com
            Travel Awakenings


            Eat Pray Stay - Abadiania

YouTube Channel