Lessons in Forgiving People who Live in Fear



Even in the spiritual town of Abadiânia, Brazil one can get bamboozled by unethical people renting a shared space. And these two were Americans, Ex-Pats who have made this place their home with the rental manager/housemate I dealt with directly hailing from my own town of Sedona, AZ.  I guess that’s what happens when you come to visit John of God and your Abadiânia Pousada loses your reservation; you look on the wall of Frutti’s and are forced to take the only room for rent available during Easter week in this small town.

As I sat thinking, 'what I should do?'   I am a spiritualist and not religious, mind you, yet found possible answers in that old familiar text as I was guided to scriptures.   

"And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers..... saying to them ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you make it a den of robbers.”    Matthew

I scratched my head, knowing that my anger at being ripped off was justified. Abadiania is such a spiritual town and these two were acting like the money changers in the temple. Even Jesus got angry and reacted when he witnessed people doing wrong acts.  So there I was an in a quandary. 

For a moment a plethora of things swirled through my brain, like utilizing my technical skills and posting what they did on the 30+ travel, shame on you and rip off forums. I do have a high rating and am familiar with SEO's and getting posted on the first 2 pages in search results. 

Then I got a hold of myself and thought, 'Is that what Jesus would want me to do? Would Buddha lash out?'  I try my very best to follow a path of love and light and could not in good conscience do to anyone what these ladies did to me, so would I really stoop to their level?  

I asked Isa (Jesus) for answers. At this point it's true, I am living on fumes financially and money for this starving writer is precious. But is it more important that it would cause me to sacrifice my heart, soul and my ethics? Of course notAgain, I asked and flipped through that internet text for additional guidance. 

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones.”   Luke
If I were dealing with a child, how would I treat them? That’s what it’s like when you deal with fear-based people. They live in the base chakra, living in lack, afraid as they grasp for some sort of financial security. They feel justified to act unethically towards others. Dealing with them is like a graduate student trying to explain quantum physics to a kindergartener. To that tiny being the simplest concepts are difficult to grasp as they get even more frustrated and afraid as they try and stretch themselves to expand. They ignore their heart and doing what is right and have no cares about who they hurt.  A high vibrational being would never act like that. As a matter of fact, I don’t hate these older ladies but feel sorry for them because they don't realize that what they've done is not right.  Unfortunately, it's an offshoot of the insensitivity and indecency of the American culture and apparently it's infiltrated Abadiânia.

"Be good even to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse and mistreat you.  To the one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic. Give to everyone that asks of you, and treat others as you want to be treated. ..Love all and do good…… and your reward shall be great. Each tree is known by its own fruit. The good man brings forth what is good; and the evil man brings forth what is evil; for he reaps [that which] fills his heart."  Matthew

"If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. If he pays no attention to them, tell the church. But if he doesn't pay attention even to the church, let him be like an unbeliever and a tax collector [greed] to you." Deuteronomy

So that's exactly what I did. I confronted them privately, and I told them that what they did was unacceptable. Did they suddenly have a revelation?  Uh.... no.  But I felt good in my heart knowing that I took the higher road and have only compassion for them, even if they continue to do the wrong thing.  The scripture was correct as I pray and write each day that people wake up. I will continue to place prayer requests in the basket of the Casa where John of God is each day that they are awakened.  

Funny, but by the time I found the parable about the servant in Roman's where Jesus says to forgive 70 times 7, the pain in my heart was replaced with only unconditional love.

This world is full of people who through fear, feel justified in stealing. Forgive those who mistreat you as you deal with them with love and compassion. Never let any situation cloud your judgment or allow the loving being that you are to sit in anger and lessen your beautiful fragrance. And know that no matter the outcome, that you continue to vibrate love as you move forward. 

Blessings and love to you this day and always,
LeeZa Donatella

PS - I LOVE questions, so please keep them coming! I answer every one and depending on the topic, add them to a question and answer section at the bottom of each article. There are no stupid questions, just unasked ones. We are all here to help each other.  Open your heart and share your question. You just may be helping another by asking it. Too shy to post a comment. That's okay,  email me.