Happy New Year 2013


And what a fine morning it is as we enter 2013, with resolutions made.

I was fortunate to have attended a New Years Eve service at Unity of Sedona last evening. Once again the messages from Michael Mirdad were inspirational as we ended the year. Michael explained that once a year he takes an accounting of the "items" in his life that he has promised to do something with. If he has not followed through with his promises to act on them within the past year, then he purges them from his space. He used the example of the partly assembled jalopy that has been sitting in your yard for the past 10 years that you have not junked because you say you will someday get to restoring it. Well if it has not happened by now, it may be time to junk it.

The same philosophy holds true for patterns, promises, relationships and more. This is the time where we need to let go of the energy of things that we cannot or will not complete. If you are committed to something then do it and if not it is ok to release that energy back to the universe. Per Michael it will help plug up some of the metaphoric holes in our lives. It was if he was speaking to each one of us individually as the room was filled with the “ah ha’ moments as I scanned from left to right. My Australian friend Lizzie affirmed my initial thoughts about the power of the message with her whispered comments to me.

I am a firm believer in a wish list but as the ones who know me it does not take me very much to get inspired or motivated for completion. I wanted to dance on the Great Wall of China and mentioned it in early 2012. By September of that year, there I was dancing away on the Great Wall, like the goofball I am known to be. I made my wish, the opportunity presented itself and I grabbed the preverbal bull by the horns. There are times that we all want to accomplish things and get inspirations to do so. But we do not always do that. Even a go-getter like myself has items in my life where I say I am going to do something and for some reason do not or cannot follow through.   And that is ok. It is ok to release these back to the universe.   

 Toward the end of the service the group was asked to contemplate on these patterns, relationships etc., that no longer serve us, as well as the promises/commitments that we cannot or will not complete. We were asked to write them down on flash paper and one by one we were guided up to the front of the hall and lit them a flame sending them into the ethers. Symbolically, it was a grand gesture of release as we welcome all the good things coming.

Wishing that your year is filled with the releases of what no longer serves your highest good and all the good things to come.

Shall your day be filled with Love,

LeeZa Donatella

My Books are available on Amazon 

Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher