Perfection is Overrated, Stay Original


Whoever came up with the word perfection was probably not concerned about achieving it.  

I remember back to when I was a little girl; I would get so nervous before I had to take a test that I would get myself sick. You may expect this reaction from someone who did not study or was a poor student. But that was not the case with me, getting all A´s since as long as I could remember.

I was the definition of a perfectionist and if I didn´t get a perfect score on everything, it just was not good enough. It was not until the last decade or so that I finally realized that perfection is overrated.

Striving for perfection for the minuscule percent increase in gain is not worth it in what I was doing. Yes, if I were a brain surgeon it would be different, but that´s not how I made my daily bread. I was in technology management and what could have waited until tomorrow, I always had to finish today; and it had to be perfect.

I sing a new tune today seeing perfection in, well imperfection. That´s because everything is as it should be... ALWAYS.  It is the imperfection of something, the humanness, that makes it perfect the way it is.

Remember that whatever you do IS already perfect!


Wishing you a day appreciating nature,

LeeZa Donatella
leezadonatella.com
eatpraylovegirl.com
info@leezadonatella.com


PS - I LOVE questions, so please keep them coming! I answer every one and depending on the topic, add them to a question and answer section at the bottom of each article. There are no stupid questions, just unasked ones. We are all here to help each other.  Open your heart and share your question. You just may be helping another by asking it. Too shy to post a comment. That's okay, email me.