Embrace the Surprises that Allow You to Grow

I find my sanctuary in these quiet times early in the morning, the sun just rising over the horizon. As I lay on my hammock thoughts of the day come to me and today’s deals with
surprises.

I am not often surprised these days as I get older. Actually I cannot recall a time many years where I have been surprised, yet in the past couple of months I have been surprised more times that I can count.

Surprises come in many packages. Sometimes it is a kind unexpected act, a promotion, gift or gesture. Or perhaps you have surprised yourself when reflect on where you are now compared to where you have been. There are also those surprises that allow one to stretch our wings, grow and soar, like when a mother bird pushes her baby from the nest.  I know that this example may represent a less than pleasant visual for some of you, but in the end it all works out well for the baby bird; most of the time anyway. 

Have you ever had a parent do something when you were younger without your knowledge and lead you to it with gentle or not so gentle steps?

Living in Sedona, I have been truly blessed by the multitude of available current and ancient wisdom through synchronicitis meetings with new friends at the local coffee houses smattered around town.  They provide incredible insight allowing one to look at life differently.  I have embraced the 180 degree changes presented to me. As I look back to the person I was before coming to Sedona I am amazed at the transformation.

So I say to you today, although change is sometimes like being through out of the nest, embrace it and you will begin to soar! 

Have a day filled with Love,

LeeZa Donatella