The Trifecta, your Sun, Moon and Rising signs



It’s not uncommon to be confused about the significance of the influence of the aspects of your sun, moon, rising and planets that comprise your natal chart.  The placement of the planets is determined based and the position of the earth in relation to the sun at the exact moment and location of your birth.

Your Sun

Your sun rules how you express yourself, the center of who you are. Most of us are familiar with the 12 zodiac signs and their corresponding months, like Pisces, from February 19 through March 20. I’m a fan of Susan Miller who has fantastic extended monthly horoscopes at Astrologyzone if you want to read yours.   


Let me be the guinea pig here as we take a look at Pisces. Most astrologer's describe Pisces as compassionate, musical and artistic, intuitive, gentle, timid, wise and fearful. Although there are several aspects that I do share with fellow Pisceans, no one has ever called me timid or fearful, ever! So, are all the astrologists wrong?  

No, because of what I call the trifecta, that collective of your sun, moon and ascending signs that uniquely identify your overall personal traits. That’s why when you listen to one of those astrology videos on YouTube, you often here them advise you to check your moon and rising sign as well.  I love concise accurate reports. and my recommendation is to visit Barbara Goldsmith and Stormie Grace. I am sure one if not both will resonate with you.


Your Moon
Your moon rules your emotions. Let’s just say that combined with your sun sign it's your emotional modus operandi. I’m a Pisces with a Leo moon, certainly an oxymoron for some to fathom, Pisces being so introverted, Leo a more in your face demonstrative sign. This combination provides this Piscean with good leadership traits as well as a very strong sense of independence and purpose.

Your Ascendant
Your ascendant or rising sign rules how you present yourself to the world. I have Scorpio as my ascendant. Another opposite trait to timid Pisces, Scorpio tends to love the limelight, the combination bringing more magnetism and sensuality to my interactions.  Anyone who knows me personally can attest to how I love to be in the center of things.

Understanding the planets and where they fall in your chart helps unlock some of the mysteries of who you are.  Below are a few words about the other main planets. You can go to Astro.com to see the sun, moon, rising and planets that comprise your natal chart. It's free.
  •  Mercury rules communication.
  •  Venus rules relationships.
  •  Mars rules life's passions.
  •  Jupiter rules luck.
  •  Saturn rules limitations.
  •  Uranus rules talent and intelligence.
  •  Neptune rules intuition and spirituality.
  •  Pluto rules transformation.
I'm not professing to be an astrology expert, but hope that this brief introduction will help open the door for you to want to do some of your own research and explore.  I hope this short article has shed some light for you all, maybe evening putting things into perspective.


Sending you peace,
LeeZa Donatella

Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
My Books Available on Amazon

Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher