Pages

Translate

Sunday

Lighten Up! Your body and spirit will thank you


Have you ever lost sleep over some thought or situation? 

“Hey, man that's heavy” may show my age, but it it's what I commonly heard when I would provide a deep analytical explanation for something I examined that weighed on my mind. At times I would lose sleep over worrying about this or that or come to conclusions when the outcome of a situation was not yet determined. What I discovered is that allow things to weigh on us can actually have a physical effect on our health. 

I'm sure you've all blown up balloons for a birthday party.  Replace the air (Nitrogen (N2), Oxygen (O2), Carbon Dioxide (CO2) and Water (H2O)) with helium and it starts to ascend. It's just science since the element helium plus the weight of the balloon is lighter than the air it displaces, allowing the balloon to float.

Imagine now that your body is a balloon that can only be inflated so much. Today, when I catch myself dissecting and over investigating an experience or I feel the heaviness of life in general, I have to tell myself, "Get out of your head and lighten up!  Life is only an agreed upon experience."

With these words the heaviness falls away, making room for my lighter substance, that divine energy to fill cavities that were previously filled with the heaviness of what I was scrutinizing and carrying around. 

If some of you are having an aha moment from reading this simple analogy with an overarching much bigger meaning, then know that I am smiling. 

Next time you're feeling heavy, think of your balloon. If you want to ascend, then lighten up man!


Wishing you a day filled with Love,
LeeZa Donatella
Website: Leeza Donatella



No comments:

Post a Comment