Pages

Translate

Sunday

Is Social Media a Platform for Negativity?


 With coffee in hand, I took my laptop out to the zen garden and opened up Facebook to do some administration on my public page.

Today, I happen to peruse a few posts as I took my first sip of that morning brew when I came across one that had a very strong religious slant. The text reads like this:

"I want to say something about the spirituality debate. You don't believe in God? Fine. Why is it so important for many of you to mock those of us that do? If we're wrong, what have we lost when we die? Nothing! How does our believing in Jesus bring you any harm? You think it makes me stupid? Gullible? Fine. How does that affect you? If you're wrong, your consequence is far worse. I would rather live my life believing in God and serving Him, and find out I was right, than not believe in Him, and find out I was wrong. Then it's too late. I believe in Jesus Christ. He said deny me in front of your friends & I will deny you in front of my Father. I am not ashamed- God is Good!!! I am blessed."

Personally, I have no judgment of the origin of where guidance comes as I love and respect people who have strong religious beliefs, for I know that there are many paths to the same destination toward enlightenment. As a spiritualist, I'm not particular to one religion myself, although I speak about Jesus as a great teacher, along with the Buddha.. I  walk along side many past masters on the path to enlightenment.  It allows me to live a blissful life. As I looked upon the above post, the first thing that came to me was the condemnation the person who posted it must have experienced for them to share such a strong message. Does it make you less spiritual to believe in Jesus as a loving being, a brother and teacher of path to enlightenment? No. Should you condemn others for their beliefs? No.  What do I believe? That anyone who tells you that it's there way or the highway, is where the trouble begins. 

I find it disheartening that people feel the need to use social media as a platform to blast others for their beliefs, their politics, their sexual orientation, and anything else that is less than positive. I make it a point to skip over any that perpetuate negativity.

Would I have written this post? No. Those who use social media for debate in such a manner are not vibrating the State of Being Love. Next time someone condemns your path, your looks, your views or your choices, well just ignore them. Don't allow others to incite a negative reaction in you, but take the higher road and savor the wonderful experiences life is offering you.

Sending you love,
LeeZa Donatella

No comments:

Post a Comment