Pages

Translate

Monday

Why am I Not Happy?


I had it all, the nice house, handsome hubby, successful corporate career, friends, vacations, expensive cars and frequent vacations.  And yet, I was restless, unfulfilled, knowing something was missing. This kept me up at night. Was I being selfish wanting more out of life when so many who did not have it as good as I? Why was I feeling this way?

I discovered that my story was not unique as I molded my life in the cookie cutter shape of what I was taught was the perfect equation for happiness. 

When I did, I came to the realization that I was not living the life I wanted, albeit the fact that from the outside, what people saw when they looked at my life, I seemed to have it all.

What I forgot was to ask myself the question, what would make me happy?

And it was not a new car, a promotion or more success that was going to bring me to the happy place I wanted to be.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

If you are shaking your head yes, then know that there is nothing wrong with you.

Today, I am filled with joy and elation as I create the life that I desire.

Some may call me a round peg in the square hole, but I proudly wear that as a badge of honor, because I no longer look to others to validate me, I am self-validating, as I acknowledge my own worth. I may not be miss popular, but I do what I want, knowing exactly what it is that I want at any given moment. The opinions I form, well, they are all my own.  

I move away from situations and interactions that do not bring me joy and stretch myself in new directions, some out of my comfort zone. I do not allow others judgement of me to influence my decisions and am grateful each moment of the day.

For those who can relate to these words, perhaps it’s time to take a chance on a new direction, a new perception of you, your life and what excites you.

Sending you wishes of transformation,
LeeZa Donatella





No comments:

Post a Comment