Translate

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Is it Safe to Smudge Small Children or around People with Respiratory Issues?

I've received several emails about the safety of burning sage around children, smudging a small infant with sage, smudging when someone in the home has asthma and smudging when someone is using an oxygen tank so I thought it was a good idea to add this article to help others. smudging for beginner
Here are a couple of excerpts from the book, SMUDGING FOR BEGINNERS: Secrets from a Professional by LeeZa Donatella (available on Amazon) for anyone else who may have the same question.

"Some people are sensitive to the smoke from herbs. Take care when smudging around infants and small children who have delicate respiratory systems. Always follow the direction of your doctor if someone in the household has allergies, asthma or another forms of respiratory issues." 
smudging for beginner

"Times When You Can’t Burn Materials Using oils and sage in my practice, there have been occasions where I’m unable to burn sage as part of a cleansing ceremony. This is when I rely on the use of oils and sprays in my tool kit. I always have a Smudging Spritz or Smudging Spray in my smudging toolkit, in case I need to smudge without flame.  I use that along with my Himalayan salt and anointing oil to work through the location."


smudging for beginner
Wishing you happy and safe smudging,

No comments:

Post a Comment