About Faith

Today I want to talk about faith. Some people believe that faith is solely reserved when speaking about religion. Although it's true that faith and religion go hand in hand, faith is bigger than all religions. Now, I don't want any of you to think I am disrespecting religion, because I'm not. It's just that faith is a knowing of a certain outcome with no proof and that's regardless of your religious beliefs.

So, what does that mean?  

Okay. so for the religious it's a belief in God, without having laid eyes on the Almighty. But for those who are not religious, it's that gut feeling when things are not going well that everything will workout. You don't have to be religious to have faith, just complete trust in a positive outcome.  

Now that I've said that, there's also the other side of that coin. You can truly believe that a situation may have an unpleasant outcome and it is that belief that will shift that outcome as well.

Are you with me yet?

No? Okay, so here's an example. I was watching one of the episodes of Project Runway while visiting a friend for the weekend who was hooked on that show.  One of the designers was having a fit because the models were eating while they dressed. He was obsessed with the possibility that one of them was going to spill food on one of his new creations; I mean he went on and on about it for several minutes in this episode. Are you surprised that indeed, one of them stained his most delicate fabric dress? I wasn't.

Our beliefs guide our faith and they are incredibly powerful.  With great faith anything can happen and on the positive side, I've seen people who have such faith that they can move mountains.


Wishing you a day filled with great faith in a better tomorrow,

LeeZa Donatella