Across the Universe



When asked to write about recent movies that I have seen, I had to admit that being in the middle of nowhere Brazil does not lend itself to finding a movie theatre.  I did however crawl out from under the rock I’ve been hiding under and finally watch a YouTube recording of Across the Universe. It really blew me away. Beside the fact that the lead character has the sweetest accent and a buttery voice, he is also not bad to look at. Add in the fact that the story is set around Beatles music it became a winner for me.

I am finding it difficult to say with any certainty what other works I have seen that would fall into the same category. I guess you will just have to look for yourself and see what you think
Not my typical post, but this film does fit into my genre as it looks at love and life past the two-by-two illusion into something that stretches the imagination and makes us think of something other than the homogenized world and the ticky-tac.

Blessings from your eat pray love girl,

LeeZa Donatella
Write with [the] BBN Prompt Linkup
PS - I LOVE questions, so please keep them coming! I answer every one and depending on the topic, add them to a question and answer section at the bottom of each article. There are no stupid questions, just unasked ones. We are all here to help each other.  Open your heart and share your question. You just may be helping another by asking it. To shy to post a comment. That's okay. email me.