Living in the Present


You know what happens when you look at the past or future? 

So often in my life I have had it good, yet I always looked to the future. And sometimes I have had it bad, again reliving the scenario over and over in my mind trying to alter my reaction and responses. When I finally realized that you can’t change history and living in the future only keeps us from enjoying the present, I had to stop.

The truth is that the past is gone forever, so get over it. Tomorrow, well it has not yet happened. 


Everyone’s life is full of pleasant and not so pleasant experiences.  What I lecture to audiences about is to embrace every experience as a gift that allows us to evaluate ourselves and not to consume ourselves. Observing experiences and not overreacting, allow us to release, move forward and forgive and continue to live in the present. 

The present is filled with wonder and excitement to the small things we experience throughout the day, like that first bite into a scrumptious Mexican pastry, or the sunrise on the beach, a gracious hello from a stranger or a smile form a child. 

Just a few benefits living in the present includes:

  • More gratitude about your life
  • Reduced Stress
  • More focus
  • More awareness of your surroundings
  • More heightened including:  1)  The vividness of colors we see, 2) The food that we taste 3) The fragrances we smell 4) The tactile sensations of items
Blessings and a wonderful day to you all,
LeeZa Donatella
All my Books  available on Amazon 

Here are some links to items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher