There are many “what ifs” but only 1 “what is”

Another glorious morning in Sedona as we greet the sunrise in winter, the cold biting the souls of bare feet makes us more awake and feel alive. I had the pleasure of having friends from Phoenix visit me over the weekend so I got to share with them the Love that I have found here in Sedona.  And it was an incredible uplifting service lead by new friend Michael Mirdad at Unity of Sedona yesterday with a energetic group in attendance.

There are many “what ifs” but only 1 “what is.” I borrowed the title of today’s blog from a fellow attendee. What a simple way to explain the more complex mechanics of our ego playing with our heads and living in the now.  And Michael did such a great job in explaining to us about the ego and how it is geared to keep us in tow.   I like to think of it as the ego storing and cataloging the negative situations in a personal folder under MyDocuments that is saved in our brains. It cannot be deleted, but archived only to be retrieved again should our ego need it in future. For a purger like myself, it is difficult to fathom not be able to throw out the trash.   When we live in the “what if” looking at the negative possibilities of what could happen, it is unlikely that we will ever truly live but go through life as a spectator forever watching. If you live in the now, you live with what is currently going on in your life at the very moment you are living it.

I am not sure if you are like me, but do you at times catch yourself thinking about the future or the past when you are in the middle of doing something now. Gosh I just hate that.  And when we are somewhere else, boy the torture we can inflict on ourselves is amazing. If we live in the now, then we are present.   No matter what, we are here and not somewhere else.

I ask that the next time you sense yourself drifting to Neverland, take a moment and bring yourself back. Michael explained a technique where you take one hand on your heart and another on your stomach and focus on your breathing. I love that and will incorporate it into my routine. Try it and tell me what you think!


Have a day filled with Love,
LeeZa Donatella
My Books are available on Amazon 

Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher