Laughter is God’s Medicine


I have heard the saying that Laughter is good medicine. I would like to take it a step further and say that laughter is God’s medicine. The reason I say that is because only God, the mack daddy of the universe would provide such great rewards for something so fundamental. It is as if God gave us an internal mechanism to help and heal us.

Did you know that laughter is a pretty potent medication for stress and pain? There is no medication that works more quickly to balance your mind and your body than laughter. Laughter lightens you up. Laughter can turn despair into hope. So there is something to be said about laughter.
I am up very early and work in what some would call a high stress environment in my day job. The alarm is set for 6 am and I usually open my eyes way before it rings, already thinking about my workday. As I lay there, more often than not, I find it not that easy to get out of bed. And in the evening it is very difficult for me to turn it off. Everyone has their own method for winding down the day. My partner at this time liked to pour himself a couple of stiff drinks in order to shut down and distress. I am not a big booze fan, so I do my distressing in front of the television.

I decided to try something new. I decided that I would laugh in the morning when I got up, before sipping my first cup of coffee and try laughing again throughout the day and in the evening. And you know what? As soon as I started to laugh in the morning, that I felt great!. It actually did “something” inside my body that seems to help me wake up and feel instantly refreshed. As I continued to laugh during the day I felt lighter in some way. The more I laughed the better I felt. I think I like this new mantra.
My partner at this time is a grumpy guy in the morning so I am going to suggest that he try laughing as well. Why not give it a try yourself!

Have a great rest of your day and be of love.  - Lee

My Books are available on Amazon 


Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher