Higher Self Connections

As promised in yesterdays post, I want to expand on the connection to our total spirit, or higher self. This has always been such an interesting topic for me.

What is the higher self?
Well, it is when our inner energy source connects to the universal energy source. It is a feeling of complete bliss where all is peace and love. The source may have different names, like God, Chi, the best of me, etc., but is all the same. This energy connects us all. Not to sound too much like John Lennon, but I wish that the folks that are fighting around the world would realize that we are all connected and that there is not any one brand of religious Kool-Aid better than another. If they did, there would be no war. Ok, I am getting off my soapbox and moving on.

Why aren’t we always connected to the higher self?
Now there is the question, because if we were always connected, it would be heaven in Earth indeed. I will not say that a person cannot achieve a 24/7 100% connection at some point in their time here on Earth, but when we can connect 100% of the time, we probably would not still here on Earth. I will explain this in a future post. It is certainly something worth striving for, but in this cause close, like horseshoes does count. It is like the example I use about work. If you like your job 60% of the time, that is greater than 80% of the population. The same is true with the higher power connection, but the percentage is lower. If you can connect to your higher self 40% of each day, that is greater than 95% of the population.  Imagine feeling complete bliss 40% of each day. Wow!

Anyway, as mentioned, I get a delicious tingling wave that overtakes by body, when I am in that place where I am connected with my higher self. What a rush! I call this being “In the Zone.” When you are “In the Zone” you are connected to everything. And when I say everything I mean, everything that has matter and energy. Pretty awesome, huh?

So how do I connect with my Higher Self?
There is no one way to connect. The most common way for the people I have coached over the years is to first get into a meditative state. I am open minded when it comes to meditation, but if you are new to meditation there are many guided meditation CDs out there. Pick one that is about 15-20 minutes long that asks you to ground yourself as part of the meditation. At the beginning of the meditation make your intention known that you want to connect to your higher self, to spirit. If you are able to connect you may feel that sensation that I discussed above that I encounter when I am connected, or you get the overwhelming feeling of peace and harmony. Once practiced, you will find that you don’t have to perform a traditional meditation to connect. I can look upon a sunrise or sunset, or landscape appreciate how absolutely beautiful and, presto instant connection. Once the connection is established I visualize what I am seeking. If it is something that is in a good forward direction, I get that wave of tingling again, knowing I am moving in the right direction and through the connection bringing that which I have requested into my sphere of influence.

So what CAN you do when you are connected?
I often get this question about what we can do when we are connected. The only limits are those you put on yourself. You can ask for anything when you are connected, you just need to state what it is that you want, know that it is possible for you to have it, and that you deserve what you are asking for. In theory it sounds very simple, but you would be surprised how many people do not know what they want. You can try an exercise by putting down on paper 5 things that you want. If you have trouble then this is an area where you may need to work.  

I hope that you all enjoyed today’s post and will be back again to read more about energy, chakras, manifestation, and more little tidbits I have in my goodie bag.

Have a glorious rest of your day! 

My Books are available on Amazon 


Links of items I enjoy, that you may find useful 
Berkey Water Filter  The only filter I've found that removes fluoride from drinking water. We filter fluoride from our drinking water to decalcify our pineal gland to connect to increase our spiritual awareness. (article on the Pineal Gland)
Spiritual Guide Incense I love this incense that gets me into the zone. 
Other authors books that have helped me on my journey.
The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
The Essential Rumi  by Jalal al-Din Rumi

Leeza Donatella is an author, speaker and teacher